Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chill pills for passionate fans and Maguire's Corner, now made with real paper!

I'm passionate.

I know it.

Especially about things that mean a lot to me.

Like my favorite books or comic books made into movies.

So, I get it when people get upset when their personal casting couch is ignored and the 'powers that be' choose their own actors for our favorite characters.

Like... IMHO... I think Ben Affleck is going to suck as Batman. I feel he had his chance to be a superhero, Daredevil, and he couldn't pull it off.

Did you see Daredevil 2? Neither did I.

Now... I did not read the 50 Shades trilogy. I know all about it.

I'm not going to read it.

I know they have recently cast Charlie Hunnam as the lead character.


Thank the ever-lovin' universe for this man.

I know some 'fans' are all kinds of pissed about it.

That's fine. Be pissed.

I was pissed when they cast the movie from the book One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. None of those actors were right for their parts. None. I watched the movie when it came out on DVD and still thought the same thing.

But... I didn't protest against the movie or the actors. I didn't start an online petition to get the actors thrown off the film so that it could be recast with other actors. I didn't send hate mail or write threatening notes on social media to the actors.

But... some of the 50 Shades fans are doing just that. The movie studio has had to hire security for Mr. Hunnam because they are concerned for his safety.

That's just bull.

And, one of their major complaints? He's blond!

Have they never heard of hair color? People color their hair all the freakin' time!

I do it at least four times a year!

How can people be so nasty?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Actors act.

Actors change their appearance.

Actors become their characters.

Actors can do amazing things when given the chance.

Let's all take it down a notch and just see what happens.


***

Hey...my book is out in paperback.



***

I'm writing.

A few thousand words in the last couple of days.

Let's hope its good.   :)

***



Pics like this make me wish I was crafty!

14 comments:

  1. I don't understand the hate either. It's just a movie, folks. And it's rare actors fill the roles perfectly anyway.
    Congratulations on the release in paperback!
    And those Minion pumpkins are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A literature student Anastasia Steele meets a handsome, yet tormented, billionaire named Christian Grey.Thens the erotic love begins...A little bit of book
    Thank you so much for the wonderful book!
    I hope movie will be best on screen and much more. ...
    Thanks for Sharing ...
    The Movie Fifty Shades Of Grey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the paperback. For me, it's going to be hard to look at anyone else as Batman after Christian Bale, but I'm not starting a petition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait...you can change your hair color??

    Personally, I don't care who they cast in any movies. (You're right about One For The Money, by the way)

    But if Joss Whedon thinks Ben Affleck can play Batman, then I'm cool with it.

    And thank you for that picture of Charlie Hunnam. That's nice.

    Congrats on the paperback, and on the writing. I'm sure it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the One For The Money casting. I was so disappointed in who they chose for Ranger and Morelli that I still cry about it. Congratulations on getting your book in paperback! I am getting my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, I want a Minion pumpkin!!

    Doesn't bother me that Ben is playing Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. who are these people who feel so strongly about a, uh, book of this quality, and apparently can take time off from work to harass actors and film studios??? What is their purpose?

    Priorities, people! stop trying to protect the public from making their own decisions!

    YAYYYYY FOR YOUR PAPERBACK!!!!

    and super cool pumpkins!!! minions! of course!! i might have to do that this year - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex - True dat! Thank you!

    Wendy - Thank you. I wasn't fond of Mr. Bale but in fairness I haven't watched them all.

    M.J. - Did I just tell a big hair coloring secret? :) It is a fine picture of Mr. Hunnam. Thank you!

    Murees - Thank you!

    L. Diane - They are too cute, right?

    Tara - I know. Crazy people. YEAH for paperbacks! I love the pumpkins but I can't pull that off.

    Thank you!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't plan on reading them either, but I think it's insane the way people are reacting to this. Maybe it's because deep down they wish they had been cast :D

    Congratulations on the paperback! Those pumpkins are PHENOMENAL. I must do this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the paperback and the writing! And yeah, all the knicker-twisting about that movie's a bit daft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to stop by and give you my sincerest thanks for your visit and comment during the Blog Blitz yesterday. It couldn't have come at a better time. I can't help but love my fellow bloggers. :) Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I was crafty too. Minion pumpkins would be awesome! I'm passionate as well, but I don't shout out or whine. I thought the cast was horrible for the Evanovich books too. Yay for paperback! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG. I love those pumpkins.

    Congrats on your paperback writer status and the amazing word count. I wrote about ten words this week. Next week will be better.

    I follow with my new persona. New blog is http://tonjamatney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just surprised they are making 50 Shades into a movie! I love movies and people can be ridiculous over who plays in the major roles.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.