Wednesday, December 5, 2018

#IWSG - December is here!

Insecure Writer’s Support Group

It’s time for another group posting of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group! Time to release our fears to the world – or offer encouragement to those who are feeling neurotic. If you’d like to join us, click on the tab above and sign up. We post the first Wednesday of every month. I encourage everyone to visit at least a dozen new blogs and leave a comment. Your words might be the encouragement someone needs.

The awesome co-hosts for the December 5th posting of the IWSG are J.H. Moncrieff, Tonja Drecker, Patsy Collins, and Chrys Fey!


Today’s optional question - What are five objects we’d find in your writing space? 



First, I don't really have a permanent writing space. When the mood strikes me to write, I do so wherever I am and I'll write in a notebook, or on scrap paper, or on my laptop.
I will most likely have coffee. Before I had The BOY, I used to have more wine. :)
My ebook copies of my favorite thesauruses are on my computer. (https://writershelpingwriters.net/bookstore/)
And, that's pretty much it.

I recently saw a photo of a lady who gives herself gifts when she reaches certain word counts. She had them all wrapped up and ready to go. I'm thinking that sounds like a great way to reward ourselves for our hard work!!






The #IWSGPit Twitter pitch is coming up this January! 
Don’t miss it.


 
The next WEP Challenge is December 19! 


It's much broader than a Christmas story! Give us ribbons - a race? Or candles - a tomb? Sign up now at the WEP site.
 
We also have a winner for the February WEP theme challenge – Toi Thomas with the theme 28 Days.

Tyrean Martinson won the IWSG admin theme challenge for next December with the theme Footprints. 


Congratulations!



22 comments:

  1. Writing is a great hobby in that you don't need a lot of materials. You can pretty much do it anywhere. I'm all for word count rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gifts are a cool idea. But what do I give the person who has everything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that picture, and it is an awesome idea. I wonder if I could convince my husband to write up some little gifts for me and then the surprise of them would be even more motivating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wrapped gifts trick is an awesome idea. I'm like you--since I got laptops, I no longer have a dedicated writing space. Keeps life interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gift idea. If enough time passed, I wouldn't even remember what I'd wrapped, and then it would be a surprise, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that photo, too. It sounded like a cool idea. I'd have to get someone else to buy the gifts for me, though, so I would be surprised. Otherwise, I'd probably just keep the gifts and not write the words.

    I have an office with a desk and storyboards and everything, and yet still spend a lot of writing time on the couch in the living room. Or beach, or wherever I happen to be. I find it pays for writers to be flexible like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha - been there with the wine. But there's hope - once the BOY launches into adulthood, the wine is still there. I speak from experience. And presents for one's self? I thought what Amazon Prime was for! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your comment about almost everything being on your computer and that you write wherever you are. That's me too. I write everything in my computer, iPad or iPhone. Thesaurus is online, my dictionaries are online.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little gifts as rewards sounds like a great way to motivate yourself. I should try it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I fantasize about having a writing office, but honestly, I tend to write while perched in my non-reclining recliner or on my bed, so it doesn't really matter where I am as long as I can concentrate and have my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a desk but I don't always write there. I used to, but with the changes in my life lately, seems where I write has changed as well. Thanks for co-hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the reward system, I don't wrap them, maybe I should start! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My work space is mobile too, just my laptop. Love the idea of rewarding ourselves. Will think about it when I get into regular writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the gift idea! I'm pretty sure I have to give myself something huge whenever I finish my third draft.
    Coffee is definitely a necessity for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm clapping my hands and thinking about what gift I'd like. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to like wine with my writing but my stomach started to take issue with it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I drank wine while writing, I'd fall asleep. LOL Now, some of us find inspiration in that twilight between awake and asleep, so it might be helpful. Have a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have laptop will travel or roam over my house to write... Wherever my mood or muse takes me. We're somewhat similar.

    Have a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm like you, gotta write where we can on whatever we can find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I write in one place because I can be easily distracted and lose my train of thought. Happy IWSG Day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that you write wherever you're at. I often write in the memos on my phone or in a notebook if the mood strikes when I'm not around a computer. I prefer to type though as it's much faster, but I find if I don't at least write down the thought when it occurs, then I'll forget it! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I quite forgot about the Write-Edit-Publish blog and I missed the Christmas story segment. Boo me!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.