Wednesday, April 7, 2021

#IWSG - April - Writing? It's complicated. Frosting? Always. and a few memes!!

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!


Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time - and return comments. This group is all about connecting!


Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.


April 7 optional question - Are you a risk-taker when writing? Do you try something radically different in style/POV/etc. or add controversial topics to your work?


The awesome co-hosts for the April 7 posting of the IWSG are PK Hrezo, Pat Garcia, SE White, Lisa Buie Collard, and Diane Burton! 

Hello! Happy April!

Happy Spring!

Happy 'NO MORE SNOW'!! (*crosses fingers*)

I don't have much going on currently with the writing. I've tried numerous times to work on my rock 'n' roll story, but I'm just not feeling it. I just don't connect with these characters like I used to.

It could be that the editing is killing the story, but it needs so much work. It's the first story I ever wrote, and it's BAAAAAAADDDDD.

I do wonder if I have the character's motivations all wrong. I might need to change something fundamental, and that's scary, too.

Otherwise, just working and reading and watching all the Marvel movies/shows that I can!!

I also enjoy the baking competition shows. Mostly the ones that are Spring baking or Halloween/Holiday baking. Anything with frosting, I get sucked right in.

***

Coming May 4, 2021!!



Dark Matter: Artificial

An Insecure Writer’s Support Group Anthology

Discover dark matter’s secrets…

What is an AI’s true role? Will bumbling siblings find their way home from deep space? Dark matter is judging us—are we worthy of existence? Would you step through a portal into another reality? Can the discoverer of dark matter uncover its secrets?

Ten authors explore dark matter, unraveling its secrets and revealing its mysterious nature. Featuring the talents of Stephanie Espinoza Villamor, C.D. Gallant-King, Tara Tyler, Mark Alpert, Olga Godim, Steph Wolmarans, Charles Kowalski, Kim Mannix, Elizabeth Mueller, and Deniz Bevan.

Hand-picked by a panel of agents, authors, and editors, these ten tales will take readers on a journey across time and space. Prepare for ignition! 

 ***

 The next IWSG Anthology announcement is coming soon and it's VERY EXCITING!! Stay tuned! 

***





Stolen from M.J. Fifield!

8 comments:

  1. You always have the best memes!
    I've got a huge soft spot for my first story. I'd love to rewrite it one day, but it needs SO MUCH WORK! Don't know if it's worth it, but I love the basics of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I totally stole that tweet from Twitter. :)

    I cringe whenever I think of the first stories I ever wrote. There would be so much work (deleting...) involved in making it into something readable. You get mega points for bravery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the brush with death.
    Are you editing or completely rewriting? Because I went back to my first full story and just completely rewrote it from scratch. That might be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The creativity meme is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first story needs a bunch of work, too. And I had to put it aside for the last 2 years after a few agents took the full, then pointed out the holes. I was new to writing them.
    I edited it into the ground and just don’t have it in me to play with the characters now. Someday! And super yes for anything icing! I mean lets be honest, cupcakes are only there to hold the icing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather - fun post to read ... we've even got snow at the moment. Good luck with when you settle back in to writing - perhaps you should do a cozy recipe mystery ... combine your love of frosting on cakes. Cheers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a full ms that I'd like to rewrite, but something is stopping me. Maybe I should figure out what that is first. Keep us posted, Heather. And Happy IWSG day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.