Wednesday, March 7, 2018

#IWSG - March is flaky & Release Day for Corners by Corrina Austin!

The Insecure Writer’s Support Group
 
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

March 7 optional question - How do you celebrate when you achieve a writing goal/ finish a story?
   
 
Alex's awesome co-hosts for the March 7 posting of the IWSG are Mary Aalgaard, Bish Denham, Jennifer Hawes, Diane Burton, and Gwen Gardner!

  Be sure to visit the
Insecure Writer’s Support Group Website!!!


 
Most of NY is still recovering from a crappy snowstorm from last week and now we are experiencing yet another HUGE storm today. It's been whispered that an additional storm will be visiting us on Sunday or earlier. These are the days that I ask myself, why do I still live here?

As you can imagine...Stormy the Weather Gnome has been watching and reporting on the Facebook!

***

Happy IWSG March Posting Day!!!

I believe I mentioned in my last post that I was looking for a home for my latest story. Sadly, no one has accepted it yet. I have 9 rejections out of 11.


I won't lie. That's tough to swallow. It messes with you head. But, I just need to keep moving forward and keep sending out my story until the right person wants it.

Cross your fingers!

How are things going for you guys?

***
 




CORNERS
By Corrina Austin


Everyone needs their own special corner...

It’s 1969 and ten-year-old Davy is in a predicament. With two weeks remaining of the summer holidays, he’s expelled from the public pool for sneaking into the deep end and almost drowning. How will he break the news to his hard-working single mother? She’s at the diner all day, Davy has no friends, and he’s too young to stay by himself.

The answer lies in his rescuer, mysterious thirteen-year-old Ellis Wynn. Visiting her Grammy for the summer, Ellis offers to babysit Davy. She teaches him about “corners”–forgotten or neglected areas fixed up special. Together, the kids tackle several “corners” and Davy learns what it means to bring joy to others.

Davy begins to wonder, though. Why does Ellis want to be his friend? Why doesn’t she ever smile? And is Davy just one of Ellis’ “corners?”

Release date - March 6, 2018
$10.95 USA, 6x9 Trade paperback, 136 pages, Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.
Juvenile Fiction - Boys & Men / Fiction - Coming of Age
Print ISBN 9781939844392 eBook ISBN 9781939844408
$3.99 EBook available in all formats

“Austin’s message of true friendship and selflessness will resonate...strong addition to the realistic fiction genre.” - Library Journal

“This book was so engaging! Five out five stars.” - TDC Book Reviews

“This is a story about love and loss, wrapped in a blanket of friendship... reminds me of the storytelling method used in The Princess Bride.” - Gina @ Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
“I hope you enjoy making a corner once you've read this sweet emotional read.” - Nayu’s Reading Corner

Corrina Austin grew up in the 1960’s. She became a mother of four and an elementary school teacher, but always found time between work and family for writing. From childhood to the present, if she wasn’t reading a book, she was writing one. While honing her craft as a writer, Corrina strives to infuse the ordinary with beauty, whimsy, and connection. She lives in St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.


Links:
Barnes & Noble print-



Kobo -


iTunes -

Amazon -

Amazon CA -

Barnes & Noble -

Goodreads -

You Tube -

19 comments:

  1. You live there because you like snow?
    Don't let the rejections get you down. You are closer to an acceptance.
    Congratulations to Corrina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejections are tough, but it's awesome that you are sending your story out. That takes guts and commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're sending you crappy snowstorm north. Where I am. LOL We're hunkering down, waiting for it to hit. I guess it's supposed to last two days. Ugh. A new snowfall is beautiful. I love that. It's the dirtiness of the cleanup after. Humans make a mess of pretty snow.

    I agree with Alex. Read the rejections to gain something positive from them if you can and then move forward. You really are that much closer to an acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is nice if you don't have to go anywhere. :) Keep on pushing forward with your submissions. You'll find the right place for the story. Congratulations to Corrina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the snow and the rejections. I firmly believe that you'll be getting a reprieve from both very soon.

    Congrats to Corrina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crossing my fingers that you get a yes out of the remaining submissions.
    It's weird hearing people talk about snow storms and have it be sunny where I am. I mean, I live in Snowville, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lot more snow than we do/did this year in West Michigan. It has to end. Really. LOL Sorry about the rejections. Consider that you're among the famous writers who were rejected over and over again. You just haven't hit the right editor at the right time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great that you are going ahead an putting it out there. I got rejected over 30 times before any acceptance and it sounds like you are more selective than I was. I took whatever I could get!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the snow! We've been getting hit by rain here (almost everyone I know lost power over the weekend...except me!), but it's supposed to turn to snow tonight and be pretty bad.
    Sorry about those rejections, too. It's never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Living in Buffalo, NY I understand about the snow, which normally I don't mind, but this year I'm looking forward to spring.

    I'm sorry to hear about your rejections, but that old mantra does hold true. It only takes one Yes. I usually hate to admit it, but I've had so many rejections it makes my stomach hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy tonight that the big storm mostly missed us today. I heard another is on the way. Some people still don't have power since the previous one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about the rejections. Keep trying!

    We are getting hammered with snow tonight. About 2 feet. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for featuring Corners today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about the rejections :( keep plugging away! You never know when things are going to turn around.

    And Corners sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep submitting! Good luck with placing it. Congratulations to Corrina!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry about the rejections, but at the very least they're proof that you're writing and putting your work out there. And that's good that you're doing that, because a lot of writers don't.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am ready for the snow to be over. I don't want any more snow on Monday! I am ready for spring in New England. :)

    Sorry about the rejections. I know that feeling. It is great that you are putting your work out there.

    I have been hearing a lot about Corners. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. We moved from upstate NY to FL, and we've never looked back. =) Just sayin'...

    So if you're really feeling down about the rejections, maybe it's time to have a fan read over the first chapter and rant about how much they LOVE it. =) There are so many publishers, so many agents, so many avenues. You WILL find a home for this thing if you keep looking. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait for the snow to stop and spring to come around! Sorry you're racking up rejections, but just remember--it's not how many times you get knocked down, but how many you get back up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.