We lost a blogging friend this weekend.
I'm unable to articulate how I feel.
Tina was beautiful and inspiring and will be dearly missed.
Let's keep her in our thoughts, shall we?
Today, I've got TWO very exciting things to share with you!
Author, Melissa Keir has nominated me for the Meet My Character Blog Tour!
As a writer, Melissa likes to keep current on topics of interest in the world of writing. She’s a member of the Romance Writers of America, Mid-Michigan RWA chapter, and EPIC. Melissa is always interested in improving her writing through classes and seminars. She also believes in helping other authors and features authors and their books on her blog.
Melissa doesn’t believe in down time. She’s always keeping busy. Melissa is a wife and mother, an elementary school teacher, a book reviewer, co-owner of a publishing company as well as an author. Her home blends two families and is a lot like the Brady Bunch, without Alice- a large grocery bill, tons of dirty dishes and a mound of laundry. She loves to write stories that feature “happy endings” and is often found plotting her next story.
Thank you, Melissa!
This tour highlights a main character from your WIP by answering these questions:
1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person? -- Rhys 'Mac' MacGrath. He's fictional, but I wish he wasn't. :)
2) When and where is the story set? -- One Good Catch is a contemporary romance set in the fictional town of Maguire's Corner.
3) What should we know about him/her? -- Former resident of Maguire's Corner. Professional football player. All kinds of gorgeous. Rhys is one of those amazing friends that even though you haven't seen them in years, when you do, nothing has changed and you pick right back up where you left off.
4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life? -- An injury during football practice keeps Rhys off the field and sends him to physical rehabilitation.
5) What is the personal goal of the character? -- To get back to his career quickly and without any further complications.
He never counted on Kate Maguire.
6) Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it? -- One Good Catch is the second book in the Maguire's Corner series. Check the tab at the top of the blog for more information.
7) When can we expect the book to be published? -- SPRING 2015, baby!
And now... I nominate...
Sarah Foster is a writer and blogger who has been scribbling down stories since the age of eight. Nearly twenty years later, she’s still writing whatever the voices in her head tell her to. She’s dabbled in fiction, poetry, and playwriting, and hopes in the near future to publish the novel she’s been obsessively working on for the past three years. Besides writing, she enjoys Broadway musicals, cupcakes, and generally being a hermit. Her obsession with the color gray is slowly taking over her life—from every sweater she owns down to her toothbrush. She is currently crammed into a studio apartment above an old-fashioned movie theater with her cat and stand-up comedian fiancé, just south of Boston, MA.
Armed with a long and lasting love of chocolate, purple pens, and medieval weaponry, M.J. Fifield is nothing if not a uniquely supplied insomniac. When she isn't writing, she's on the hunt for oversized baked goods, or shiny new daggers. M.J. lives with a variety of furry creatures—mostly pets—in New Hampshire.
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.
Can't wait to read about your characters! Thanks for joining me! Sarah and M.J. will be posting about their character a week from today, September 1, 2014.
The beginning of a wonderful, blog hop with a silly, trendy twist - THE SHELFIE BLOG HOP!
Dates: Now thru Monday, Oct 6, 2014
Entries: Take a picture of you and your book(s) - your favorites or your own novels. Or, you can just arrange the books in a special way and take the picture - but you do get extra points for being in the photo.
Formats: Post on Twitter, Facebook, Blog - just make sure to include a link(s) to each.
The woman behind it all:Tara Tyler and the lovely co-hosts, co-conspirators and contributors: Christine Rains, Vikki Biram, CD Coffelt, M.J. Fifield, Elizabeth Seckman, and Rena Rocford!
But that's not all - check out the fabulous prizes!
It's too easy not to join us. Please, spread the word!
a Rafflecopter giveaway