Friday, December 19, 2014

DEJA VU Blogfest post! === One more time...




Today is DL Hammon's Deja Vu Blogfest Day!

From DL:
Today is the day where we re-post one of our blogs from 2014.  It can be your favorite, or one that you wrote during a busy time (A-Z Challenge, WRiTE CLUB, NaNoMo, etc.), or just one that you feel deserved more attention.  Whatever the reason, this is your chance for a do-over.  If you wish to see who else is participating in this awesome event...HERE is where the linky list is located.  It's not too late to sign up either. 


Funny that I chose a Friday post to post on a Friday, right?

Maybe that's just me!

I chose this post because I like to remind myself why I write about the people I do. Heroes and Heroines.


------------------------
Friday, July 18, 2014

Late Friday post .. cause I don't own a watch.

So, where did this week go?

I have no idea.

I'm cheating by using a post that I was supposed to use somewhere else but never did so I get to use it here. 

I think.

***


Five things that make up the perfect hero and the perfect heroine?

Well, that’s a completely subjective list!

Actually, in my opinion, many important traits will overlap in people.

Heroes and Heroines … will be beautiful.

To each other. 

They may never be seen as beautiful by others, but will see each other as beautiful inside and out.


Heroes and Heroines … should be funny. Period.

Humor will get people through just about any situation.


Heroes and Heroines … must be flawed. 

Fact.

Who wants to read about perfect people?


Heroes and Heroines … are huge pains in the asses. 

Truth.

They will find and bring out the very best and the very worst in each other.


Heroes and Heroines … will have love. 

Always.

People say you can’t have love without trust, loyalty and respect. 


I disagree. 

Love overlooks a lot of things. 

Love is always there. 

Everything else is earned.
-------------------------
 
Thanks for joining me today! Have a great weekend!

2014 Christmas Tree - 1000 lights!

19 comments:

  1. Heather!
    You win for most lights.
    Pains in the asses. That is so true.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED This!! I agree with everything you said and its a perfect choice for a Deja Vu.

    PS. Do you have to wear sunglasses in your house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! I agree, no one wants to read about perfect characters. Where's the fun in that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- that's a LOT of Christmas tree lights!!!

    Great list. I particularly like the "pains in the asses" part -- I agree: and ESPECIALLY to the writer!

    Happy Deja Vu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post and picture Heather,

    Enjoy your week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choice of do-over! And your super-hero traits describe my other half perfectly!.... I shan't be sharing with him that I think that LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. agree 100% great re-post! and your tree is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing tree, Heather. I love it! Also loved your Deja Vu post. As always you have the best stuff to share. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true!!! Flaws and humor are big selling points for me. Glad this was your choice for the hop, I missed it the first time around.

    Beautiful Christmas tree! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uhm, spoken like a true romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree all the way down the line. Now I feel the need to find more lights for our tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha! Great post thank you! Love the Christmas tree.. ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd never thought about the pain in the butt aspect, but I totally get it. There's nothing terribly heroic about nicey-nice compliant types who are so lovely to have around in real life. They don't tend to save the world; they prepare the party afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post! I especially loved that heroes and heroines must be flawed. As a reviewer, nothing is a bigger yawn than page after page of the perfect Mary Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT rules for heroes and heroines! Thanks for sharing this. Happy Deja Vu weekend. And gorgeous tree with those thousand lights!
    michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Heather .. such a great post for this time of year - we always need to remember others and their way in life ..

    lovely way of putting the rules of life .. cheers and have a very happy Christmas week - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome repost. Those are great tips! Love your tree. Happy holidays to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you everyone!
    I appreciate your comments!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.