Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seven Days, Seven Deadly Sins Challenge - 7/12

Wrath

The tortoiseshell cat swiped his sharp claws at the lady as she passed his cage again and threw in a low growl for good measure. His mind was seething with rant. You two-legged freak! Don’t you even think about it! *hiss* I wouldn’t come home with you no matter what you promised. You and your opposable thumbs can just turn around and go back the way you came. *snarl* I would destroy you and all your things. I eat shoes like yours for breakfast! *yowl* Go ahead, bring me home if you dare! But don’t expect me to like you!



Seven Day, Seven Deadly Sins Challenge

 


Seven Days
Seven Deadly Sins
Seven Flash Fictions up to 100 words
Starting 7/7

13 comments:

  1. A cat's POV? Love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz - Thank you. I happen to know them best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and that is how i picture all cats.
    i was attacked as a child and scarred for life
    no kidding.
    good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cat is destined for world domination...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he just needs a light tranquilizer so he can be cuddled

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I know this kind of cat well. I really liked this take on wrath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "you two-legged FREAK" - this is my favorite bit. It's very funny! Your voice is excellently wrathful. I used to imagine that all cats secretly thought they were tigers. I don't think I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I eat shoes like yours for breakfast!"

    I love that line, and you'll never guess what the cat is doing to my favourite shoes right now.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. "You and your opposable thumbs can just turn around and go back the way you came." Is my favorite because my dad's first words to me when I was born were apparently about the significance of my opposable thumbs making me a tool user. And then it all just fed so nicely into every line after that. That cat's got fire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara - Really? That so sucks! No more cats for a while after Sloth. Promise.

    Alex - Isn't that what we all really want? Oh. Just me?

    glitterword - Good luck with that! I'll be behind you all the way!

    Lissa - Thank you. Yes. I know this cat too!

    Charity Girl - I think you are right. They certainly think they are larger than life in my house.

    Antimony - Ugh! Evil cat! No can haz shoes!

    Jeff - Thank you!

    David - My dad is always talking about the thumbs! If cats had them they would never need us.

    Thanks for coming by everyone!
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Opposable thumbs" Hehe. I have never heard this before, but loved it.
    This cat's got some serious attitude. Yikes.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bryce - Some cats just need Valium.
    HMG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.