How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways…at least until 10.
It’s the Worst Movies Ever Blogfest!
And I have some REALLY bad movies to share!
I said it…they stink on ice.
So, don’t break out the snacks quite yet ladies and gents…you just might lose your lunch.
Here they are, in no particular order…
10: AVATAR – Yes, folks. Bad movie. I liked this film better the first time around when they called it Pocahontas.
9. TITANIC – It stems from disliking Leonardo DiCaprio. Ugh. He may be a great guy IRL but I think he’s a terrible actor. And this movie just reeked ‘we are begging to get an Oscar’.
8. CLIFFHANGER – There are a lot of bad Stallone movies but this one was DOWNRIGHT revolting. I kept hoping some C4 would take down the whole snowy mountain and kill them all.
7. WATERWORLD – The way I hear it there was a much better script written by Joss Whedon that was thrown out by the ‘powers that be’. Then Mr. Kevin Costner rubbed his man-parts all over the film and made it craptastic.
6. ANACONDA – Gigantic, humongous, cumbersome snakes that move faster than the speed of light. ‘Nuff said.
5. POINT BREAK – Yeah, I get sucked in every time it’s on but it’s still a bad, bad movie. I swear I only watch it to get a Keanu fix if Speed hasn’t been on in a while.
4. ALIEN: RESURRECTION – This pains me. Especially since Alien and Aliens were so good. They gave Joss Whedon partial writing credit of this film but the truth is that they destroyed it. I was completely surprised that Sigourney Weaver even put up with the bullshit.
3. JAWS 3-D and JAWS: THE REVENGE – Some say Jaws 3-D is the 3rd movie. Universal disowns it all together and says Jaws: The Revenge is the 3rd movie. Call it what you will these movies should never have been made. I’m still not totally convinced they didn’t make Jaws: The Revenge just because Michael Caine needed a job.
2. HIGHLANDER II – There should have been only one.
1. BASKET CASE – Now, you’ve probably never heard of this movie. I wish I had never heard of this movie. Bad choices like this get made by letting the wrong high school friend go to the video rental store and pick out a movie for all of us to watch. I know we didn't sit through the whole movie. It’s sad. It’s pathetic. It's heinous. The only thing horror about this horror film was that someone paid people to make it.
Well, Peeps, that’s my list. I’m sure I missed a TON of great awful movies and I can’t wait to visit some of you to see what you came up with.
Thank you, Alex J. Cavanaugh, for coming up with a great Blogfest idea!