Monday, May 21, 2012

Are you sure its Monday?

Hi. How are ya?

Good here...for a Monday.

To answer your pressing question...yes, I did write this weekend. Quite a bit, actually.

Sunday turned out to be a writing kind of day. The boys slept in for a while and I was up early (go figure) so, I took full advantage of it. 

Then we went to the husband's softball game and I wrote some more in my notebook. I was quite pleased with my progress.

In other news...I have some info to pass along to you guys.

Saw this blog post the other day from Rachel Aaron. It's worth a read. Even if we were able to use 1/3 of her equation it would be worth it. How I Went From Writing 2,000 Words a Day to 10,000 Words a Day.


Carina Press put out a submissions call on May 18th for any of my romance writer friends. 



In support of mostly myself but also for Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi from The Bookshelf Muse I purchased The Emotion Thesaurus.

It's already been a help to me since I downloaded it on Kindle for PC on Friday for only $5.00! 

Excellent writing guide and I found out what all the Random Acts of Kindness Blitz buzz was about at their website.


I have received two lovely blog awards! 

Heather Murphy from Random Interruptions has graced me with the Stylish Blogger Award. If she knew me at all she would realize that I'm far from stylish but it's sweet of her to think I am! Thank you very much for picking me, Heather!

And thanks for having the same name!

Heather's rock! 

 

 
And...the one...the only...The TARA TYLER from Tara Tyler Talks...has bestowed upon me The Versatile Blogger Award! 

She not only re-designed The Versatile Blogger and The Kreativ Blogger Award boxes to give them an updated look she wrote a fantastic fantasy story to give them away to her blog buddies! Thank you, Tara! You made my day that much brighter! 

Psst...sometime over the weekend I snuck past 300 followers. Thank you and welcome! 

17 comments:

  1. I just checked out Rachel's post. That is great informaton! And I love the new look of the Versatile Blogger. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on three hundred followers! Well deserved. Glad you got some writing time this weekend. So did I!
    And I like the changing Stormy photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the moment, I'd like to know how to go from writing 2 words a day to 200 - 10,000 seems immense! Thanks for the link, though. And congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with Annalisa. I'd be thrilled with 200 words a day. 10,000 is unfathomable.

    Congrats on your awards and reading the 300 followers mark! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are stylish versatile thru stormy! yay for writing & improving your skills!

    thanks for the awesome intro!

    and! woot on 300!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the awards and all the followers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for you on the awards and off to read the recommended post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your awards and thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! on the awards. And its fun to pass a 100 milestone. Good luck with 400!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on writing progress and awards!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read that 2000 to 10000 words post and it's awesome and so is the thesaurus. Thanks for all the news...even on a MOnday. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someone else who takes her writing tablet everywhere!

    Congrats on the awards. And the 300 followers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heather – Thank you! Glad you stopped by.

    Alex – Thank you for noticing! He’s like a bad penny! Thanks!

    Annalisa – I know. Any additional words would be helpful. Thanks.

    M.J. – It’s pretty amazing. The difference between writing for ourselves and writing as a career too. Thank you.

    Murees – Thank you!

    Tara – No, thank you! You rock!

    Tamara – Thank you. I appreciate it.

    Johanna – Thank you! Let me know what you think of her post!

    Dana – Your welcome and thank you for coming.

    Stephen – It is awesome. Thank you and thanks for the mention on your blog!

    Allison – Thanks. I love that you stopped in!

    Clarissa – No problem. I’m glad you came by. Happy week to you!

    L. Diane – I do bring it with me. Just in case! Thank you.

    Thanks everyone for the visit!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your awards! And your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your awards and glad to hear the writing is picking up! When I hear your reasons for not getting to the key board it makes me cringe, because I don't have nearly as good ones! Thanks for visiting my blog and for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carol - Thank you so much! Welcome back!

    Lisa - Well thank you! I appreciate it. Thanks for coming to visit!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your awards they are well deserved, and on your writing progress.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.