Friday, May 11, 2012

Words, words...don't fail me now.

Procrastination...the fact that I will do just about anything instead of finishing the biggest scene in the whole stupid book!

I need to get mad at it.
I need to smack it around some.
I need it to dare me to NOT finish it.
Then I'll rip those pages up!

I need some more coffee.

I'll finish. Not to worry. I'm not letting this opportunity pass me by. In just a few days I could have two, count them, two unpublished books!

***

Did I mention tomorrow is my blogversary? 
2 years. 323 posts. Just shy of 300 friends.

The stats page is like written in Latin for me but I think it says that a reasonable amount of people have come to visit.

It may even say that my most popular post was from last year's Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Yep, you may have guessed it. C is for Chocolate. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the blog, just a lucky search topic. :)


I'd like to thank you guys for sticking it out with me. I'm not always on the ball, I'm not always nice, I'm not always dressed, but you've all hung in there and had my back.


So...Thanks.


***

Don't forget Alex J. Cavanaugh's First Love's Blogfest on Monday the 14th!

First movie, first song/band, first book, and first person. Four loves, one blogfest!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on two years! And we do like you. And Stormy.
    Thanks for reminding folks about my blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I'm going away from June 28 - July 8. I NEED YOUR BOOK TO READ WHILE I'M AWAY!!!

    Did that help? :-)

    I love that cartoon!

    Love you,
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on two years. That is impressive and I'm sure that caffeine will kick in soon and help you finish your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is kind of crazy, but what I need is for someone to tell me I CAN'T finish my novel this month - I'd have it done by midnight out of pure spite. Maybe we could race to the finish line. Mine current WIP will be my second novel too ... if I ever get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogoversary! I love that cartoon--too cute! Keep on writing. Get it done. Then don't quit 'til it's published!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are excited about two unpublished books though - that's good.

    Congrats on two years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the star wars gnome! ha!

    happy blogaversary! 2 years of cheers and jeers! yay!

    my brain is kaput, i will need to re, re, re, edit and just enjoy all your firsts!

    and most importantly...

    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!! may your day be filled with unmade beds & dirty dishes! (they'll be waiting for you on monday =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! on your Blogoversary and here's to many more successful years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on two years! I think I've had mine for that long, but it wasn't until this year's A to Z that I actually wrote on it and had followers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex – Thank you, sir! And, you are welcome!

    K. – Where are you going? You’re leaving me? OK, I will try my best to get it done by the end of June.

    Johanna – I’m just psychin’ myself out. Thank you!

    Tonja – I’m with you! You yell at me and I’ll yell at you! We are bound to finish!

    Nancy – Thank you! Yes, ma’am!

    L. Diane – Yeah. Someone has to be! Thank you!

    Tara – Ha! I’m glad you noticed. Thank you so much. You’ve been around for most of the two years so thanks!
    Happy Mother’s Day to you too!!!!

    Stephen – Thank you, sir! I’m hoping so!

    deathwriter – Thank you. I’m glad you’re back to your blog then!

    Thanks everyone,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy almost 2 year blogversary! Coffee is a good idea. I need it to write, I need it to work...I need it period. So have a venti coffee and get back to your venti scene...it's dying to be written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michael - You are so right! Let's get back to it!


    Thank you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blogiversary!! 2 Years is brilliant. My 2 year milestone is on 16th May...eek.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynda - Thank you so much! happy almost blogversary to you too!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.