Monday, February 16, 2015

To theme or not to theme...that is the A to Z Question!



The Great and Powerful A to Z Theme Reveal Blogfest!

Sign-ups for the 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge are already under way. If you have done it before, you know how much fun it is (good for you!) and if you have not, this is your chance to give it a try! You can sign up to participate here.

One of the most burning questions participants ask themselves every year is: "Should I have a theme?"


Themes are not mandatory, but definitely fun. They let your visitors know what to expect, and help you create posts that line neatly up from A to Z. They also have an added bonus: They let you participate in a whole separate blogfest!

Two years ago A to Z participant Mina Lobo started the Theme Reveal, and we thought it was such a great idea that we made it tradition. It is now our very own, grand and festive way of rolling out our themes together!

Here is how the Theme Reveal Blogfest works:

Sign up on the Linky list below, and on March 23rd (Monday) publish a post on your blog in which you reveal your theme, tell us why it is exciting, and give us a hint of what to expect from it! Then, once your post is up, use the Linky to visit all the other blogs announcing their themes. Enjoy!

This is a great opportunity for all of you to get a jump start on your A to Z experience. You can link up with fellow bloggers, scout out and bookmark themes that you look forward to, and set out delicious themed bait on your blog to lure in wandering participants! This way, by the time the frenzied posting begins on April 1st, you will already have an audience eagerly awaiting your posts.

Sign up below, ready your theme, and post March 23rd on your calendar!


***

Don't forget the awesome A to Z Twitter Chats!

2015 - Thursdays - 1pm-2pm EST (NY, USA) / 8pm-9pm EST (NY, USA)

FEB 19 - 1pm / 8pm
FEB 26 - 1pm / 8pm
MAR 5 - 1pm / 8pm
MAR 12 - 1pm / 8pm
MAR 19 - 1pm / 8pm
MAR 26 - 1pm / 8pm
APR 2 - 1pm / 8pm
APR 9 - 1pm / 8pm
APR 16 - 1pm / 8pm
APR 23 - 1pm / 8pm
APR 30 - 1pm / 8pm


 

31 comments:

  1. First Twitter chat this week! Are you ready?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I'll have to be! :)
      Better put some coffee on extra early Thursday!
      HMG

      Delete
  2. I'm putting the Twitter chats on my writing calendar and will definitely make some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Theme Reveal! Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with this year. The hashtag is #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be fun! Thanks for posting the hashtag too!
      HMG

      Delete
  4. Everyone have fun with the theme reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least this gives me some pre-deadline guideline too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait! I'm excited that I actually have a theme this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plan to join the theme reveal this time around. I want the full A to Z experience. I hope to make 5 new friends every day of the A to Z. If so i will add over 100 new places to read blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! Please keep in touch and let us know if this works for you! We love to share great ideas!
      HMG

      Delete
  8. I think I have already revealed my theme this year . . . . . I tend to do this every year but only because I do odd themes, so I know that no one else will be doing the same thing.

    Rob Z Tobor

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually do have a theme ready by Christmas but with the domestic upheavel I've had I'm only just thinking about a few ideas for a theme. Personally I like to have a surprise as to what people are going to write about.
    Good luck with your Twitter Chat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprises can be fun too!
      I'd like to say mine is a surprise, but its not, I'm just too lazy to think of one yet!
      HMG

      Delete
  10. Looking forward to the theme reveal . . . although I already gave a broad, meandering hint at my blog . . . oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens.
      That's okay!
      I'm sure new people will come to see it!
      Heather

      Delete
  11. Can't wait to see what everyone is doing. We have a simple and fun theme for the Untethered Realms blog this year. Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you do things there. Collaborative!

      Heather

      Delete
  12. I'm all signed up and there are only 4 more needed to reach #100! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we surpassed even that now!
      It's wonderful!
      HMG

      Delete
  13. Dropping by from Tara's blog to say I love the sound of your book - and the cover is great too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.