Friday, February 27, 2015

Excerpt Day! - 2 weeks til OGC release day!

Happy Friday!

We are just starting to feel a little better around here. Thank you for all the 'well' wishes.

I'm thinking if we could open all the doors and windows it would kill all the germs in this house, but its still only 9 degrees outside.

I think the cats might get a little upset.

***

Only two more weeks (3-13-2015) until the book comes out, so I thought I would share a little excerpt with you today from One Good Catch.




Rhys shook his head. “That’s not why I asked you to meet me.”
“Just two friends meeting for coffee, right?”
“No.”
“Oh. We’re not friends?”
“I’d say there’s more to it than that.”
Kate gave him a smile. “Friends with benefits?”
“I think we need to make some important decisions. What happened between us the other day was....”
“Unexpected.”
“Just the beginning.”
Kate’s heart fluttered in her chest. “Maybe, it was just a kiss.”
“Then why do I want to kiss you again?” Rhys asked.
“You do?”
“And more.”
“More?”
Rhys leaned toward her, lowering his voice. “Lots more. Hours of more.”
Kate’s lips parted on a shaky breath. “Hours? More sounds really good.”
“More is the best. But, more comes with strings.” 





Those damn strings!
Thanks for coming by today!

This weekend I'll be selling raffle tickets at the Cabin Fever Clam Bake at the firehouse and to a baby shower.

What are you up to this weekend?

14 comments:

  1. I don't want to spoil anything, so didn't read. My goal this year is to catch up on my blogger buddies' books, including yours!
    Nine degrees might not kill the germs, but it will cool the house quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Alex! That's so sweet. I agree. I have all your books and I need to review them, too!

    Yeah, a cool house isn't so bad. Frozen cats?

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus if you open the doors the cats might try to escape! And then immediately realize what a horrible mistake they've made...

    Loved the excerpt! I really need to catch up on some blogger buddies' books, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the cats a harness and leash. I can't wait for the grass to be showing again!
      HMG

      Delete
  4. Good luck making it through the next couple weeks. You can always pass the time by freezing the cat. (But only a little.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those darn strings can ruin the mood. Cabin Fever is a great name for a clam bake at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It would be more fun if I was sitting instead of working!
      HMG

      Delete
  6. You must feel how I feel waiting to move. I wish you all the very best. Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh! Great Excerpt! I now have a stupid smile on my face. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your book - very exciting. I have caught the virus my child had last week. I wonder if heat would kill it faster. I am so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think heat would kill it. I just don't have any of the good stuff!
      HMG

      Delete

Please leave a message after the beep.