Wednesday, April 1, 2020

#IWSG - April - Bursting with excitement and awesomeness!!!

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day.
 
 
Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.

The awesome co-hosts for the April 1 posting of the IWSG are Diane Burton, JH Moncrieff, Anna @ Emaginette, Erika Beebe, Karen @ Reprobate Typewriter, and Lisa Buie-Collard!

April 1 optional question - The IWSG’s focus is on our writers. Each month, from all over the globe, we are a united group sharing our insecurities, our troubles, and our pain. So, in this time when our world is in crisis with the covid-19 pandemic, our optional question this month is: how are things in your world?


Hello sequestered peeps!! I hope this blog post finds you well.
It's been a difficult and trying time in our world. Honestly, my emotions have been all over the place, and I guess that's to be expected, but it's not any way to live.
My family is trying to stick to a schedule so that we can get stuff done, even if we don't feel like it. (That one is aimed mostly at The Teen).
No matter what, we are resilient.
We will prevail.
 


***


We’re revving up for the annual IWSG Anthology Contest!

It doesn’t open until May 6, but here’s a hint...

The genre – science fiction!

And the amazing judges –

Dan Koboldt, author and #SFFpit founder

Lynda R. Young, author

Colleen Oefelein, agent, The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency

Damien Larkin, author

Ion Newcombe, editor and publisher

Julie Gwinn, agent, The Seymour Agency

David Powers King, author



***


#IWSG Instagram for April: 
 
 

 
 ***
 
According to my blog bestie, Tara Tyler, I was her Friendliest Facebooker during her Beast World campaign! Thank you, Tara! Best wishes on your books! Head over to her blog today to give her some love!!!

 
***
 
Did you know that Write Club has begun! Go see DL Hammons to get all the details!!
 
***
 
 Have you been following the Self-Distancing Adventures of Daisy, Kieran, and Hamish? You can find them on my Facebook and Instagram!

***


***


Right now on Smashwords there is a huge Authors Give Back sale on books, including 30% off all three of my ebooks! https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/HMGardner28

17 comments:

  1. Sticking to a schedule is so important right now. It's hard to mentally focus on writing (or anything) given what's going on in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A schedule is helpful. With my kids doing digital learning, it is a must and it's working. So far LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much going on! Yay for the new anthology contest. I agree that creating some sort of a schedule helps keep us grounded during this strange time. I also agree with your first meme about letting others venture outside first. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can keep a teen even halfway on schedule, call that a big win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are resilient. We WILL prevail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The world has gone crazy... but you will prevail!
    Stay safe, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lockdown with a teen. I can't even imagine.
    Stay well!
    Stay sane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm about as unproductive as ever, but that's on me. Like Patricia, my day-to-day life hasn't changed much so I have no excuse, really.

    I've been enjoying the self-distancing adventures on Instagram. And congrats on being the friendliest Facebooker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, emotions all over the place here too! I think it's the uncertainty of not knowing how long this will go on for as much as the actual restrictions. If we know, it's easier to face up to things – although I do see it's not possible for anyone to give any definite answers about what will happen next and when.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so hard to focus now. I often have no idea what day it is.

    I need to follow those Instagram adventures more closely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Heather,

    Hope all is well. I know NY is in a frenzy right now. Hopefully this will calm down soon and the virus will be somewhat controlled. I am stuck in Florida for the moment, affraid to travel back to my home in NW IL. Not sure if we are allowed to travel home at this time. I decided to wait a few more weeks and see if there is any info about seasonal travels going home from the winter homes. I never would have left for Florida if I knew one week after arriving, that all the parks would be closed and Florida would be shut down. It is much needed and in all honesty the parks should have close in the beginning of March instead of in the middle, but it always about money for amusement parks. Stay safe...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband and I are batting just over 50% with our schedule. It sounds like it should be so easy...! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you're safe and well. Schedules do help. My daughter (a teacher) devised a detailed schedule for her kids and posted on Facebook. Several people said they were going to copy it for theirs. It's an unusual time, but we're all in this together. LOL about letting everybody else seeing if the coast is clear. I'm right behind you. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sticking to a schedule and staying positive are very important at the moment and both are very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admit that I've been thinking I need to get the family on some sort of schedule for our mental wellness, but I'm failing at being motivated to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! I think I remember at least one of those little stuffed animal friends

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.