Are you asking yourself, "What's TMI?"
Well, let me esplain. Take too long, let me sum up!
TMI means Too Much Information.
It's when I sit here and tell you way too much personal stuff and you say to yourselves, "Ewww. What's she thinking?"
Well, you can thank (blame) Nancy S. Thompson because she named me for not one, but two Blog Awards!
For the Fabulous Blog Ribbon we are supposed to name 5
fabulous moments, 5 things you love, 5 things you hate and then pass it along to 5 fabulous bloggers.
Fab 5 moments:
1. It wasn't when I first met my husband. I thought he was ... well ... a pain in the butt when we met. It was much later when I realized I couldn't spend another day without him. And yes, he's still a pain in the butt. :)
2. The birth of my son was complicated and happened while I was highly medicated. I didn't get to hold him until hours later after surgery. (Did I mention I was so sick the doctors thought I had pneumonia, too?) So, my fabulous moments happened after we brought the little spud home. When you see your child in the little clothes you picked out, when he's finally in his own room that you painted and decorated, laying in the crib you inherited from a friend on the sheets that were a special shower gift. When he's clean, fed and dry and falling asleep all cozy in your arms, wrapped in a blanket knitted by a relative. When he smiles at you even though the 'experts' say its not a smile until they are older, but we know better. Those are the moments that make being a parent worth all the days that we want to choke the life out of them.
3. Writing 'The End' for the second time.
4. I host a lot of blood drives with the auxiliary for our local volunteer fire department. One drive was held in honor of an FDNY firefighter that survived September 11th but got sick from what he was exposed to. We held a bone marrow drive for him the same day. The number of donors were quadruple what we usually get for the blood drive and we had a huge response to the bone marrow drive as well. It was personally gratifying and proof that our extended community was pretty awesome.
5. I'm saving this one for the day I'm published or the day my six year old graduates from high school. Whichever comes first.
5 Things I Love:
2. My family
5 Things I Hate:
Come on! Have you met me? You think I could whittle down the list to just 5 things I hate! How about 5 things I hate just about the Olympics! 5 things I hate about commercials! 5 things I hate about Facebook! This could take a while!
Yadda, yadda, yadda...you knew I wasn't passing it on.
This is the Be Inspired meme where you are supposed to answer the questions and pass it on to five people.
What is the name of your book?
Where did the idea for your book
From the inside of my very strange
In what genre would you classify
Contemporary Romance w/ a hint of
If you had to pick actors to play
your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?
Honestly...I don't know who this
guy is but I saw his picture and knew he was Police Chief Jack Munro. Of
course, he should be wearing black tactical pants and a black button down shirt but, I
think you get the point.
I have yet to find a woman who
resembles Maggie. She’s petite with brunette curls and whiskey brown eyes.
Give us a one-sentence synopsis of
Maggie Maguire didn’t start the day
out intending to make herself the target of a killer, or put her family in
danger, but that’s just what she’s accomplished and now Police Chief Jack Munro
must help her but the only thing she wants him to do more than find out who’s
trying to kill her is for him to leave town.
Is your book already published?
How long did it take you to write
What other books within your genre
would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?
This is something I have to work
on, similar book titles and authors. Lots of authors write these types of
stories but not sure I can compare to them without more research.
Which authors inspired you to write
Tell us anything that might pique
our interest in your book.
Maguire’s Corner is loosely based
on the area where I live. There's a car chase, murder, sex, more murder, more sex, kidnapping and lots of coffee. The Maguire’s are such a large family that in order to keep
them straight I had to create a family tree for them. I intend to write another
story based on Maggie’s brother, Lt. Bobby Maguire.
So...now that y'all are yawning....I'll wait....I'll thank you for taking the time to read my TMI!
If any of you want these awards, feel free to take them and share them yourself!
Thank you, Nancy!