Wednesday, September 2, 2020

#IWSG - August? September? What month is this?

It’s time for another group posting of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group! Time to release our fears to the world – or offer encouragement to those who are feeling neurotic. If you’d like to join us, click on the tab above and sign up. We post the first Wednesday of every month. I encourage everyone to visit at least a dozen new blogs and leave a comment. Your words might be the encouragement someone needs.


The awesome co-hosts today are PJ Colando, J Lenni Dorner, Deniz Bevan, Kim Lajevardi, Natalie Aguirre, and Louise - Fundy Blue!


September 2 optional question - If you could choose one author, living or dead, to be your beta partner, who would it be and why? 

Hello nice people!
I totally missed my post for August, and I'm running late for September, but I'm here!

I joined a free accountability challenge, with a professional editor, for the month of September to hopefully get back on track, focus, and get some writing accomplished.

I'm hoping to write some new words for 1/2 the month and if it's not going anywhere, to work on my old MS that needs a complete re-write for the rest of the month. We shall see.

School starts next week for the kids here in NY. Let's all take a moment to hope that kids, teachers, staff, and parents will all stay safe no matter what school they go to.

And now...for some funnies... Stay safe out there!





(AP Photo/Noah Berger)





Find us here:
Facebook, Twitter - hashtag #IWSG, Instagram, and on Goodreads
And you can sign up for our monthly newsletter loaded with tips and more here - IWSG Newsletter

The newsletter also lists new books by members, so contact us if you have a new book out.


Writers and authors, join us for #IWSGPit on January 20, 2021.

It will be here sooner than you think!

Polish those pitches and check the #IWSGPit rules.
 
Multiple authors have signed with publishers and agents as a result – it could be you!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Best of luck! (And I too face the send-the-kid-back plight. Hope it all goes well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that challenge!
    I wish we could all imitate Sheldon when braving the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the challenge.
    That last funny is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could put together enough plastic bubbles, I'd hang out with my friends like that.

    Hopefully you're really motivated and score big on both halves of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the accountability challenge. I feel like I could benefit from something like that.

    And thank you for the funnies—they were much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG these memes though. I'm cracking up.
    I realized tonight that my August post was saved as a draft. That I, like an idiot, didn't even notice that it didn't publish last month. Like I blanked out that entire month, I swear. I missed a flashfiction event too, one I had a story nearly done, but just... I don't know. I think 2020 ate most of August for me. Which is funny since it was, what, 800 weeks long???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather - glad you're ok ... and yes all the best for the return of the kids to school ... taking care and staying sane seem to be the operative actions right now. Well done on pushing yourself with the challenge - enjoy it ... all the best Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the laughs, Heather. We can certainly use humor these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the funnies, Heather, and yes, let's get rid of Daylight Saving time! Good luck to all the kiddos, educators, and staff returning to schools. People everywhere are worried about what will happen with this. We all need to laugh, so thank you for some great memes! Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.