Monday, August 23, 2010

Blank spot, like a blind spot, but different.

I have a blank spot where I used to keep my words and thoughts for my books.
Granted, I've got some things on my mind lately.
Non-book/writer/author related stuff.
That real life 'crap' that I don't really want to deal with.
It's why I started writing in the first place, to get away from all that.
I started writing stories in high school. I don't recall writing any thing significant any earlier than that. I wrote romantic stories because I wasn't romantic.
I was a little heavy, a little geeky, a little rough.
A lot of my friends were guys, but not interested in me for anything more than hanging out, drinking and smoking.
Sometimes I would share writing with a friend. I would write a few pages in a notebook and then give it to her and she would write a few.
It was always more fun to write and read than it was to do homework or now ... housework.
It's a phase. I know. It will come back.
I just have to let it rest.
Or fester.
Whichever sounds better.


In the first book, my main female character spoke to me a lot. She had the story to tell.
But this one, it's all my main male character. He has the floor most of the time...in my head.

Wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.