Friday, August 6, 2010

Took the words right out of my mouth

http://jodyhedlund.blogspot.com/2010/08/three-tests-that-can-help-us-handle.html

Holy crap on a cracker! I wish I was this centered.

I did quite a bit of writing recently. Woke up early this morning (thank you small child) and couldn't go back to sleep so I left my comfy bed and hit the couch and the laptop.

Finally finished kiss scene.

It shouldn't have been so hard but I think I was just insecure and I had to push through it and get it down on paper. I want the words to reflect what is in my head but I don't always have those words handy. I had to go look for inspiration which of course should have been time spent writing.

If I call it 'research' does it still count?

What was the inspiration? A couple of things. I went to youtube.com and typed in best kiss scenes. SHAAA! HOT!

Wow that was fun.

Then I looked at a few paperbacks I had here in the house and I even checked a few fanfics online.

I don't want you to think that I'm stealing anything. I don't pilfer. I just want to hear or see what I'm feeling and try to capture it myself, with my own words.

The videos were great cause I got to watch the men. When being kissed, normally with eyes closed, you don't always see what the men are doing or what they look like.

This particular video just about knocked me on my ass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rBCoktxgYU&feature=related

Who is that guy and where can I get one for Christmas?
(Kidding, I know who he is but I don't watch the show. Maybe I should start)

Anyway....
Read a few blogs lately that mentioned editing. They were talking about how they felt about it. So many of them dislike it.

I am not one of them.

I enjoy editing. I spend a lot of time going back and reading and fixing and reading and fixing and ... yeah, it's bad.

But I do like it. I just need to learn when to stop fixing and keep writing.

3 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel. I can see the perfect kissing scene in my head, as if it was a movie. But when I have to put it into words it just doesn't have the same impact.

    But oh, well. I do get it right eventually, after a few rewrites.

    The guy in the video is a total cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's research there. I don't think you can put it done in the "footnotes" as a source, though, but it does help you refine your writerly skills.

    What I say:

    GO FOR IT, GIRL!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.