Wednesday, August 27, 2014

#lifeisgood Sunflowers for Tina - September 8, 2014





In memory of Tina Downey, the A to Z Team is hosting a sunflower tribute on September 8, 2014 – Remembering Tina Downey.


Prior to that date, purchase or plant a sunflower in her honor. (If you have to resort to plastic, that’s cool.) Take a photo of your sunflower and post in in her memory on Monday, September 8. Tina loved her sunflowers, and we want to splash the blogging world with sunflowers that day and honor a truly amazing woman who was friend and family to so many.

You can sign up now or add your link when you post your sunflower.

Please help us spread the word! Let’s brighten the Internet with sunflowers the way Tina brightened the lives of so many.



8 comments:

  1. We're getting a good list of participants already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!
    I have some in my garden, but they haven't bloomed yet. Hopefully they will by then, if not I'll get some at the nursery .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will freeze soon up here. Could I use a color slide I took when I was living in Colorado almost 45 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad people have already signed up to participate. I hope Tina's looking down on us and smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to resort to plastic, but I will find a sunflower somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful idea for a tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex - It was a great idea!

    DAVID - I hope yours do bloom. Some creature ate ours.

    Sue - Absolutely.

    S.L. - I bet she is.

    L. Diane - That works too. I might have to as well.

    Tizzy - I wish we could do more for her.

    Thank you, everyone!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a nice idea for a tribute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.