Monday, July 11, 2016

What's on your food bucket list?

This past weekend I went to my brother's house in NJ to enjoy some food, fermented libations, festivities, and frivolity.

My brother is getting really good at the Clam Bake pot, which is great because we're really good at eating it.

I wish I had taken photos of the amazing amounts of food that come out of this pot, but it kind of looks like this!

Borrowed from Google.
Chicken legs & thighs, corn on the cob, red skinned potatoes, big chunks of kielbasa, shrimp, & steamed clams in the shell.

All the food gets put on giant platters in the middle of the table until its groaning and we're groaning cause it smells so delicious!

And it's so-so-so-so good! 

On my food bucket list is going to a Crawfish Boil. [AKA crayfish/crawdads/mudbugs.]

Borrowed from Google.

I don't know what those little suckers taste like, but it can't be that popular and be gross. Right?

What about you? What's on your food bucket list?

3 comments:

  1. I bet they taste like the love child of a shrimp and a lobster.
    Not sure if there is anything exotic I still want to try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister who lives in Mississippi takes part in those crawlfish big feasts and contests. They look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want another vegan sandwich with smoked vegan cheese from the Mellow Mushroom!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.