Friday, August 17, 2012

10,000 years will give you such a crick in the neck!

Ever wake up knowing that you have slept in the same position the entire night? Every joint in your body is sore and you feel like the only thing that might help is being stretched on a medieval torture rack.

Does anyone know where I might find one of those?

Thanks for telling me all about your lives the other day. I like to hear what others are doing. I like to live vicariously. Isn't that why we write in the first place? Our characters are always doing fun stuff that we don't get to do.

***

I've been over at the Unicorn Bell blog today catching up on the Schools In Query Contest. Lots of great information was put up this week. Queries that worked, interviews, research, links, they have it all with more to come so check it out if you are working on that vital part of getting published.


Have you been visiting DL Hammon's blog Cruising Altitude? Write Club 2012 is going on and there have been some great entries.


And lastly, but never leastly, did you sign up for Alex J. Cavanaugh's lastest blogfest? No? Why the heck not? 
Come. 
See. 
Join.


That's all I've got for today. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

I get to see my six year old in his first football scrimmage game of his career on Saturday! Proud parent moment!

8 comments:

  1. Nothing like a little Mel Brooks first thing in the morning.
    Thanks for mentioning my blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for football scrimmage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your movie references! And I love that I get most of them! :-)

    Good luck at foosball (even though foosball is from the Debil!)

    See you soon!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go, boy, go! hope he does great!
    my little guy scored a td today =)
    love seeing those little guys play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have woke up feeling like that. Enjoy the football years. We thought ours were over, but now our oldest is coaching high school football we're back into the Friday night lights fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish I could do half the stuff my characters do! It's okay for them to take the risks that we can't:) Have fun at football!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I'd survive what my characters are put through. I whine when I get a simple crick in my neck. How'd the kiddo's football game go?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex – I agree. Thanks for having a blogfest I can rave about!

    Liz – Yeah for football!

    K. – Me too! Thank you!

    Tara – It is so much cuter than I ever thought it would be!

    Susan – We are having a blast and I love watching him learn to be a team player

    Gwen – I wish I was as brave as my characters. That would be awesome. Thank you.

    Nancy – It’s a nice thought though. The spud did a fantastic job once he woke up. : )

    Thanks everyone! HMG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.