Monday, July 9, 2012

We put the dumb in random.

Hello!

I hope y'all had a wonderful Fourth of July celebration!

A very sweet gentleman named Michael Pierce bestowed a blogger award on Stormy and I the other day. Thank you so much, Michael!

THE RULES:
  1. Nominate 15 others for the award and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
  2. Create a post for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
  4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
  5. In the same post, include this set of rules.

Well, 15 other bloggers seems awfully...time consuming...so, as I have before, I'm going to break the rules.


But, I'll be happy to share 7 completely random pieces of information about myself.


1. My best friend and I were roadies for an Irish band for a few weeks.
2. I had every episode of Miami Vice recorded on VHS tapes.
3. I worked for over six years at the NY Renaissance Festival.
4. My first car was a Smurf blue Dodge Shadow. Loved that car.
5. I worked in the cafeteria of a nuclear facility that made radioactive medicine.
6. I sprained my ankle in three inch heels.
7. I hate driving in tunnels.


Stuff you needed to know, right?

I have an old list posted from March 2011 if you need another seven crazy random facts about me.



As for Stormy, well, you'll have to ask him!



It's so gratifying that you want to know more about little old me. Because, as most of you know, I am totally awesome!

1. I'm 13 1/2 inches tall.
2. I'm not a morning gnome.
3. My hat is 3 inches from tip to brim.
4. I don't like wicker lawn furniture.
5. I like watching Cops.
6. Favorite band? Men Without Hats.
7. Rabbits scare me. Really.


He's not afraid to share that's for sure. :)


Have a nice holiday? See any fireworks or parades? Yummiest food you had?

Want to read the beginnings of my query for Maguire's Corner? I might post it this week if anyone wants to rip it to shreds.

13 comments:

  1. Hey Heather and Hey Stormy!
    Okay, my silly human, Gary, has gone to bed. Which means and lucky you, this comment is being pawed on the 'peeboard', oops, keyboard by me, yes me, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star! Arf! Arf!
    Congrats on the award to you Heather and our little buddy Stormy. I like it. Break the rules. My human often does that.
    Interesting list and Heather, "I worked for over six years at the NY Renaissance Festival." Wow, that's a long time to go without any sleep...
    And Stormy, "Favorite band? Men Without Hats."
    I bet you can dance if you want to, to that band, eh.
    Hope y'all had a real good Fourth of July. Of course, being in lil' ol' England, we wait for Guy Fawkes day before we have any fireworks. There is however, going to be a parade in my honour (honor) in a few weeks time.
    Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the rabbits try to nibble him? (I can only imagine what dogs try to do.)
    I have every episode of MST3K recorded, but that doesn't go as far back your Miami Vice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i 'd love to see your query! bring it! post it! send it !
    i'll show you mine if you show me yours =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever think in your younger years that you would become the spokeswoman for a gnome? Not something everyone would aspire to, however, you found a niche.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Men Without Hats! LOL Let's all Safety Dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the DVD Gnomeo and Juliet and the rabbits in that movie look like they could be very menacing if they want to be. You have a right to be scared of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your well-deserved award! Such juicy bits! And oh, I love queries. Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't glow in the dark...do you?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I share your hatred for tunnels!! I need wide open spaces all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award. Tunnels always remind me of The Stand now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never mind, Stormy; rabbits frighten me as well. So danged *twitchy*.

    Congrats on your award and thanks for checking my blog out!
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun Facts!
    Beware of Rabbits in Tunnels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. klahanie – Penny/Gary thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the great comments. A parade in your honor (honour)? That’s wonderful!

    Alex – I’ve never seen a rabbit lift his leg, but you never really know!

    Tara – Almost a dare there, Tara. My evil weakness. You got it.

    Suz – I don’t know if its really a niche or not but it seems to make the gnome happy. : )

    L. Diane – So glad you guys knew that! Thank you!

    Stephen – I’m going to have to watch that for sure now!

    Nancy – Thank you! I’m glad you liked the bits! Query coming.

    DL – If I had a nickel! No, not anymore! I don't think.

    Liz – Ah. Someone who understands. Thank you!

    Susan – Thank you. Tunnels are just too evil for words.

    Mina – Excellent description! Thank you and welcome.

    Carol – Ahhh! A whole new nightmare!

    Thanks for the visit everyone!
    HMG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.