Thursday, April 9, 2015

H. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files


 
My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.



H = Head Shots









Let's just say these photographs used to hang up all over my apartment walls.

Not like creepy shrine hanging, but more like FBI murder board hanging. :)

~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.


Episode: How the Ghosts Stole Christmas
Scully: Who lives in the house? 
Mulder: No one. 
Scully: Then who are we staking out? 
Mulder: The former occupants. 
Scully: They've come back? 
Mulder: That's the story. 
Scully: I see. (dryly) The dark, gothic manor... the, uh, omnipresent low fog hugging the thicket of overgrowth... Wait- is that a hound I hear baying out on the moors? 
Mulder: No. Actually that was a left cheek sneak.
 ~~X~~


30 comments:

  1. Another excellent X File post. I used to keep pictures on my bedroom wall, much to my mother's annoyance. Still all good fun.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! Look at all of those head shots!! When I first saw it was head shots I was thinking bullets to the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly collected a lot of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I used to have tons of posters of Kirk Cameron on my walls:) I still have them.
    --Not a stalker. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I are going to talk after the challenge... not therapy, consider it a group... lol. Great stuff... X-file-style...

    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course. ;) What would be cool is if you had arranged them in the shape of an X!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been awesome.
      Argh! I wish I'd thought of that!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  7. I did the same thing with all the people I made disappear. No, it's not creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, an FBI murder board isn't any creepier than stalking, said no one ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was something in that show for everyone. The hound baying allusion is a LOL moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had so many of those in every season. So many people thought it was only a drama.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love the dialogue from the X Files and its so much fun to re-read it again here on your blog every day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm having fun finding my favorite lines!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  11. J here, stopping by from the #atozchallenge 2015!
    Great post.
    I was always amused by the episodes that took place in towns I was either in or had just been in. Example, living in Allentown, PA for a while-- there's an episode that takes place there.

    Cool headshots. Com-icon convention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hit LOTS of cool small town kinds of places.
      Never where I was though.
      :)

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  12. I feel so left out. I was never an X File viewer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. I LOVED the X Files. I had a photo of David Duchovny blu-tacked on the wall next to my chair for years. My husband is very understanding. ~Liz http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe. Love today's post.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.