Saturday, April 11, 2015

J. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files


 
My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.



J = Jose Chung's From Outer Space

An alien abduction of two teenagers with different versions of the same facts prompts a science-fiction novelist to write a book about the incident. However, no one involved with the investigation can tell him the full story with any accuracy.








 
Hands down one of the funniest episodes The X-Files ever put out. From awesome guest stars to alien autopsies to blankitty-blank bleep to bad manuscripts to Men In Black to spaceships to sweet potato pie!

THIS is what good TV is all about.

~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.


JOSE CHUNG: That is odd. Because almost every day I was there, I ate lunch at that diner and became dear friends with the cook. He told me a story about the night you're talking about.
(He looks at another set of notes. Cut back to the diner. Mulder walks in.)
JOSE CHUNG: A man walked into his place...
MULDER: Sweet potato pie.
(Chung continues talking.)
JOSE CHUNG: Sat down, ordered sweet potato pie, identified himself as F.B.I. Agent Mulder.
(Mulder sits and holds up his badge. The cook walks over and takes out a piece of pie.)
JOSE CHUNG: He then questioned my friend.
(The cook puts down a piece of pie in front of Mulder.)
MULDER: You ever seen a UFO in these parts?
(Mulder takes a huge bite. The cook watches him. Chung talks again.)
JOSE CHUNG: He then ordered piece after piece, each time asking another question.
(The cook picks up the empty plate and puts another one down.)
MULDER: You ever experienced a period of "missing time?"
(He takes another huge bite. Later, the cook replaces that empty plate with one with another piece of pie.)
You ever had the suspicion that you've been abducted by aliens?
(Another piece of pie is soon to come.)
Have you ever found a metal implant in your body?
(The cook shakes his head. Mulder digs into another piece of pie.)
Have you checked everywhere?
(The cook looks at him. Mulder stands and puts a bill down on the counter.)
JOSE CHUNG: He ate a whole pie in that fashion, then got up and left. My friend never saw him again.
 ~~X~~


22 comments:

  1. I must admit, I can't pick this episode out from memory, but the excerpt was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so much humor in this ep. you had to watch it more than once.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  2. This cheered me up on this rainy Saturday morning,
    Enjoy your week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, never heard of it... metal implant is beeping...

    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun episode. I never liked sweep potato pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember that one for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm putting that episode in the DVD player as soon as I finish reading my email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! I'm smiling! It's so .... outta there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My children were huge fans of the X-Files. They would enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow.... I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this show. I may have to rewatch it! Gene'o showed me your blog! How fun! :)

    Alex Hurst, A Fantasy Author in Kyoto
    A-Z Blogging in April Participant

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that quote. "Have you checked everywhere?" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly.
      So much humor in this show that people didn't know about!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete

Please leave a message after the beep.