Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files.


My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.




Y = Year






This represents the last of my memorabilia. A wall calendar and a desk calendar, both from 1997. I must have been flush that year. :)

I did hang the wall calendar, but I don't think I ever used the desk one. It was still in the bag it came in.
~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.

Episode: 
The Red and the Black 
Krycek: You must be losing it, Mulder. I can beat you with one hand. 
Mulder: Isn't that how you like to beat yourself? 
[Krycek cocks gun] 
Mulder: If those were my last words, I can do better.


 ~~X~~

14 comments:

  1. You have done a excellent challenge on the X files. This post is no exception.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I really appreciate you coming each day!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  2. You know you're at the next level of fandom when show merchandise is decorating your walls. I had quite a few Red Dwarf calendars, and a diary (although that was a humourous one with entries already written by the characters).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to see Mulder & Scully's entries too! What a great idea!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  3. I've definitely had a few calendars of favorite shows/movies over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently have a Firefly calendar up next to an old Castle calendar, that has great pics so I keep it up.
      :)

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. He was SO funny and lots of people didn't know that.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  5. Awesome line!
    Don't ever unwrap that calendar. It's probably worth money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great line in that situation. Can't believe how much stuff you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have to buy an American calendar, a little one that hangs on the fridge with a magnet - it is small, but big enough to write stuff on, you can't get them here. Even though we are not flush, it means the calendar is RIGHT there so I don't forget stuff. My favourite was a Star Trek calendar, but X Files would come a close second...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your calendar in its original bag will be a collectable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a lot of swag. You were hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun, your posts! Glad I found you during the A-Z...
    Love all the X-Files mementos. Are you excited that they are reviving the series? Or do you think it will be hard to match the level of viewer involvement that was so prominent in the original?
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.