Thursday, April 20, 2017

4-20-2017 #AtoZChallenge - Q is for Quint aka Robert Shaw.




Everything, Nothing & Stuff In-between -  

Random stuff from my brain


Q is for Quint aka Robert Shaw.
 
 
I do love the movie Jaws.
 
I didn't see it in '75 because my parents would never have taken us kids to see a movie so frightening as a shark attacking people right near a beach.
 
 
I want to say it was maybe three or four years later before I ever saw it at home on VHS.
 
(For you young folks, they couldn't release the VHS version of a movie for a couple years as opposed to now when they release digital in just a few months.)


"Front, bow. Back, stern. If ya don't get it right, squirt, I throw your ass out the little round window on the side."

And it stuck with me. Not just the gory shark scenes, but Quint.
 
He was so awesome.
 
 
"So, eleven hundred men went into the water, three hundred sixteen men come out, and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945.  Anyway... we delivered the bomb."  

He can still give me goosebumps when he delivers that scene.


The movie and the cast were excellent. Mr. Shaw passed away just three years after this film released and would never know the success of Jaws or that it had such staying power. Quint will live on forever.

 

4 comments:

  1. For some reason my parents let my brother and I see it in the theater. I didn't want to go near the bathtub after that.
    Sadly of the three, only Dreyfus is still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather ... I know I've never seen the film ... though I did see Robert Shaw at the Munich Olympics in 1972 in the restaurant area - that's as far as this shy and retiring English girl got at that stage in life ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/q-is-for-quirky-quizzy-facts-and-quaggas.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at you! doing awesome in the challenge - i'm very curious how you think it's going this year?
    Love Quint (Robert Shaw) such a great, gritty character.
    but yes, Pratt is my all time fave - love funny guys' guys.
    and love your new adorable four-legged addition! puppies are awesome!

    Tara Tyler Talks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember seeing jaws while I was attending college. So much suspense!! An excellent movie and a great choice for the letter Q.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.