Saturday, April 4, 2015

D. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files


 
My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.




D = David Duchovny






Yeah, I watched it for the government conspiratorial military-industrial-entertainment complex covert agenda. That's it.

~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.

Episode: Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'
Scully: "What made you decide to write a book about an alien abduction if you're not that interested in the subject yourself?"
Chung: "Actually? It was my publisher's idea. At first I was reluctant, until I realized that I had an opportunity here to create an entirely new literary genre ... a non-fiction science fiction. Now, see, that gimmick alone will guarantee it's landing on the best-seller list. In short, to answer your question? Money."
Scully: "Ok, just as long as you're attempting to record the truth ..."
Chung: "Dear God, no! How can I possibly do that?"
 ~~X~~

40 comments:

  1. My late husband and I used to enjoy this programme very much. Your post's have stirred up many good memories, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Mulder was a bit of a cold fish, but I suppose that was the point, wasn't it? And as a Scully fanboy, your secret is safe with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a great actor... outside of the "x" that one with the monkey and the wife's heart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you didn't watch it for him!
    I remember the movie Jeremy mentioned - Return to Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That was it. I do enjoy a good sappy movie!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  5. Nice photos! I think I might have had a couple on my bedroom wall ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. David ruled several years of my life too! :) Have a happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never watched the show but saw you on google and thought I'd drop by and see what you were doing. Now I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember crushing on him when I was a teenager. He's still a good looker.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first picture of David Duchovny is one of the best I've ever seen of him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm such a sucker for the whole government conspiratorial theory covert agenda etc you get the idea. Ha;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He was in PlayGirl? Oh my. *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not what you think!

      I think. I don't remember. :)

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  12. Non-fiction science fiction. I like that genre. It probably would be a bestseller.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, I would watch it for him too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great posts so far. X-Files used to be regular Sunday night viewing. Watched all the movies too. Hadn't heard they were coming back! Something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated when they moved it from Friday to Sunday! I always liked it better on Friday.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  15. never got into that show or got into David D. But Gillian was awesome on the Netflix show "The Fall". Happy A to Z no matter what

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how very dreamy - mmm :) But of course I watched it for the scientific content!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, I agree. Always had the hots for him. The chiseled jaw line, the dark hair and tall stature, the geeky personality, the sweet boy-next-door sounding voice. *swoons*

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" has my all-time favorite line, when Jose is interviewing Blaine and asks "Aren't you nervous telling me all this? Receiving all those death threats?" Blaine responds, "Hey, I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons and Dragons and not learn a little something about courage!" SAID EVERY GAMER EVER is what we say in my clan when we watch this. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!
      I LOVED him and his complete nerdiness!
      ROSWELL! ROSWELL!
      Too funny!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete

Please leave a message after the beep.