Tuesday, April 28, 2015

X. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files.


My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.




X = X-Phile

X-Phile (plural X-Philes)  
A fan of the television series The X-Files.

Am I? Well, that depends.

Some would say that simply being a fan of the show makes me an X-Phile. 

Some would say I can only be an X-Phile if I can explain the complex conspiracy/mythology/story arcs of the show and pinpoint every significant moment during the nine seasons, which honestly ... I can't.

 
I know I love this show. I don't need a specific label to tell me that I'm a fan. I watched. I taped (yeah, on the VCR machine, baby). I re-watched. I obsessed. I pined. I waited. I fretted. I laughed and I cried.

That's good enough for me.

Are you a fan?

~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.

Episode:
Chinga 
Mulder: Maybe you don't know what you're looking for. 
Scully: Like evidence of conjury or the black arts or shamanism, divination, Wicca or any kind of pagan or neo-pagan practice. Charms, cards, familiars, bloodstones, or hex signs or any of the ritual tableaux associated with the occult, Santeria, Voudoun, Macumba, or any high or low magic? 
Mulder: Scully? 
Scully: Yes? 
Mulder: Marry me. 
Scully: I was hoping for something a little more helpful.
 ~~X~~

20 comments:

  1. I remember the show but never took the time to watch it an become a fan. I may have missed out. There are a few shows I feel the same way about, maybe I will try to discover them one day.

    A to Z Blogger
    http://livewagbark.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!
      I'd heard so many great things about Veronica Mars I went back and watched the whole show. It was really great and you didn't have to wait for weeks and months to watch it!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  2. I and hubby loved the the show. My how time flies.Good post Heather.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly does. But, I'm glad its coming back for a bit.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  3. had the tapes, now the dvds and still watch the series... once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an X-Phile all right.
    Funny exchange. When I met my wife and she started talking about rock music and horror movies, I thought the same thing - marry me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how we know we've found our other half, right?

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  5. I'd say your were a #! X-Phile. And I loved that X shadow image . So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge X-phile! This was MY show.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think if you like the show, you can call yourself a fan. No need to claim there are certain things a person needs to know to be a fan of something.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you're an X-phile! I've only seen one or two episodes but I think I would like it so I should give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So worth it!
      Although, it is giving my son bad dreams and he's not watching it anymore.
      :)
      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  9. Yes of course I'm an X-phile - I tried to watch the show most weeks and I loved it and that's all it takes - therefore you are a definite X-phile in my books!! Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  10. That maybe my favorite show quote so far. I'm not even close to a X-Phile.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.