Saturday, April 18, 2015

P. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files.


 
My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.




P = Publications






 
So, yeah, I do own quite a few magazines pertaining to the show. The TV Guide was especially enamored with The X-Files.
Almost as much as I was. 

~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.

Episode:
Detour
Mulder: Maybe it can regulate its temperature. You don't know of any animal that can? 
Scully: Ticks. I've heard they can halt their metabolism for up to 18 years, essentially going in to suspended animation until something warm-blooded comes along. 
Mulder: That's interesting. 
Scully: Why is that interesting? 
Mulder: Thirty years ago, the town of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, was terrorized for over a year by something. Killing livestock, terrorizing the people. Witnesses described them as primitive-looking men with red, piercing eyes. Became known as the "Moth Men." I've got an X-File dating back to 1952 on it. 
Scully: What would that be filed next to? "The Cockroach that Ate Cincinnati?" 
Mulder: No, "The Cockroach that Ate Cincinnati" is in the "C"s. Moth Men's over in the "M"s.
 
 ~~X~~

19 comments:

  1. Where would a TV series or films be without publications?
    Great "P" post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I only had a small fraction of them.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of TV Guides!

    Love the quote - you'd think an FBI agent would know her alphabet ;-)

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collected a few... You think?!
    Somewhere out there is a person who owns every single item...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool. I still find the X-Files so dark and scary, I can only watch a few episodes.

    "Mulder: Maybe it can regulate its temperature. You don't know of any animal that can?"

    All animals regulate their temperatures else they would die. They just can't self-induce hibernation. I didn't realize the X-Files had such a funny lack of science. Perhaps after reading more of your posts, I'll be able to laugh my way through the scary parts.

    Visiting from A to Z,
    Drusilla Barron
    http://lovedasif.com
    http://glamofgod.com (thanks so much for visiting me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have mostly books, kind of wished I saved at least the rolling stones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! TV Guide. Some people still collect those. Some of the really old ones are worth a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I didn't realize they got so much press, but I suppose it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the 3rd season they really exploded.
      They were rock stars!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  8. Hahaha: love the catagorizing of the Moth-Men scene! Those publications are definitely collector items and they'll likely be worth something one of these days...
    Not that you'll ever do that...
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you never know when things like those might become collectables. I have a few things I'm holding on to. If they ever become worth something...I'm still keeping them. lol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.