Thursday, April 16, 2015

N. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files.


 
My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.




N = Nicknames

Special Agent Fox Mulder
Spooky
Running Fox or Sneaky Fox
Reynard Muldrake
Rob Petrie
G-Man
Special Agent Dana Scully
Starbuck
Scout
The enigmatic Doctor Scully
 Diana Lesky
Laura Petrie
G-Woman 
 I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that I recalled. Fun fact, I've been using Sneakyfox on the computer in one form or another for too many years to count.
:)

~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.

Episode:
Shapes

ISH: I sense you are different, FBI. You're more open to Native American belief than some Native Americans. You even have an Indian name - Fox. You should be "Running Fox", or "Sneaky Fox".
MULDER: Just as long as it's not "Spooky Fox".
 
 ~~X~~

32 comments:

  1. Nicknames played a special part of the X Files.
    Great post Heather.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those people who has never seen an episode of The X Files. (At least I don't think so.)

    Precious Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are re-watching at our house! You can come over!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  3. Hey, I did nicknames today, too! :D
    That sure is a lot of nicknames to keep track of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, love it, love it...

    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because I write upper MG, I LOVE adding nicknames to the characters. My kids do this all the time to each other:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I love to shorten names down to a letter!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. If I read Moby Dick, I don't remember it.
      Unless you're thinking Battlestar Galactica. That I remember.
      :)

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  7. They sure had a lot of fun names to call each other. Banter is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like those nicknames, but for the G ones, what does G stand for????

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty cool.
      Back in the 40's they called the Feds G-Men for Government Men.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  9. That was a funny exchange between the two! I guess I missed the nicknames they used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. But does Secret Agent Stormy have a nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  11. He should have a nickname!
    G-Man would work for him, too!
    Gnome-Man!

    TY
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a funny conversation between them. My husband and I were just saying the other day that neither of us really has nicknames.. Terms of endearment, but not nicknames. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a few nicknames, but I love using Sneakyfox!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  13. Wasn't Rob Petrie the name of Dick van Dyke's character in his weekly comedy show?

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Mulder & Scully used those names when they went undercover as a married couple!
      I'm so glad you caught that!
      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  14. I need to go back and watch this series. I remember catching parts of a few of them back then, but never really got into it. Now, if it had included Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome, I would have been hooked. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is all that and a bag of chips!

      So glad he's still well liked!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete

Please leave a message after the beep.