Friday, April 10, 2015

I. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files


 
My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.



I = I was a Fan Club Member



Some of this is just embarrassing, but yes, I joined the fan club to get the swag. I don't think I renewed my membership after the first year. Does that make me a bad person?

~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.


Episode: Agua Mala 
Mulder: You know, Scully, someday we're going to look back on this and we're going to laugh. We'll just think of it as, uh... you know man pitted against the forces of nature. Think of it as a test of our mettle
Scully: I don't need my mettle tested.
 ~~X~~


29 comments:

  1. Have never watched the show, I know you must think this unbelievable, but as it is coming back feel I should do so as it has such a following :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No time like today!
      I know lots of people didn't watch it way back when.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  2. I have been enjoying reliving the X Files. Thanks Heather, Great theme,

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... okay I think I like you more and more everyday!

    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's better than thinking I'm more of a weirdo everyday!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  4. Haha, that's awesome! Swag is always important :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I had to have the early stuff anyway.
      :)

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  5. No, you got got just enough swag to make it worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Scully's reply about his mettle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      I loved the way they talked to each other.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  7. I'd hate to see Special Agent Stormy show up at my front door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My best friend was in the fan club for a long time. I think she still has a crush on David.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel so deprived. I didn't even know there was a fan club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure deprived is the word you're looking for.
      :)

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  10. Until I was grown up I didn't know fan clubs were real. I think they were something TV shows made up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did love the X-files but now I wish I'd been a member of the fan club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may not be too late!. They may start it again!
      :)

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  12. At first, I want to laugh at you. But then I'm jealous that I wasn't a member! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Naw, that doesn't make you a bad person. Swag is awesome.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  14. I joined a mildly embarrassing boy band fan club to get the swag... don't be embarrassed about your (still valid??? ;) ) membership!
    #a2zchallenge www.borntobeatourist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So not just me? Cool!
      I don't think I'm still valid.
      I should check.
      :)

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  15. I joined a mildly embarrassing boy band fan club to get the swag... don't be embarrassed about your (still valid??? ;) ) membership!
    #a2zchallenge www.borntobeatourist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.