Friday, April 24, 2015

U. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files.


 
My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.




U = Unidentified Flying Object


Besides the typewriter font X, this poster is probably the image most associated with The X-Files. Created by the show, it hangs on Mulder's office wall in seasons 1-5 until...


...a large fire destroys everything inside that room. He does get a replacement poster for his FBI office, but eventually (during the second film) hangs it in his home office.

I do have this poster. Somewhere. In my house. Just sayin'.


~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.

Episode:
Dreamland 
Scully: Mulder, it's the dim hope of finding that proof that's kept us in this car, or one very much like it for more nights than I care to remember. Driving hundreds if not thousands of miles through neighborhoods and cities and towns where people are raising families and buying homes and playing with their kids and their dogs, and... in short, living their lives. While we - we - we just keep driving. 
Mulder: What is your point? 
Scully: Don't you ever just want to stop? Get out of the damn car? Settle down and live something approaching a normal life? 
Mulder: This is a normal life.

 ~~X~~


~~X~~


 Need your own A to Z Challenge T-shirt?
Go HERE!

30 comments:

  1. Yes I loved that poster and I was devastated when they had the fire!!Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the poster and loved the post, would like to have a T-shirt but money is a bit tight after moving.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely understand. I probably shouldn't have ordered it, but I did.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  3. No surprise you have that poster.
    That was normal life for Mulder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that fire... poster is a gem of what could be. thank you for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making an awesome shirt! I can't wait to get mine!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  5. Brings back memories...

    Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cool poster. Simple, but says it all.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  7. In 1893 (or there abouts) ther were reported sightings of lights in the sky in newspapers.

    Why they want to visit earth is beyond me. Unless they are studying us for whatever reason.

    Always did like the poster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I don't buy the whole alien thing. But, lots of others do.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  8. Sorry to say I have never seen an episode of X Files but I know how famous it is and read about it coming back! I like alien stories, though. I think they're real. It's hard to believe that we are all alone in this gigantic universe, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had more than aliens, which is what sustained the show.
      Lots of monsters of the week, too!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  9. I always really loved that poster. It was classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it was. I can't imagine creating something that became so iconic!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  10. Normal life. I'm starting to wonder if I can have one before the end of April.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! That's great dialogue! I love typewriter font. I love typewriters (not to actually use:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned to type on a typewriter.
      Now you know how old I am. :)
      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  12. I like that snippet from the show. I guess normal is whatever we want it to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially for those obsessed with their work!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  13. Of course you have this poster. It would be shocking if you didn't :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.