Monday, April 27, 2015

W. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files.


My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.




W = Waiting

So, now we wait.



If you're a fan of the show, you've been waiting all along anyway. Always hoping they would come back and wrap the show up better. Make-up for that last season and that last movie.
Chris Carter, creator of the show, had always said he didn't want the show to stay at the party too long. There must have been an incredible amount of pressure from the 'powers that be' (FOX) to keep the show going so long.
I also believe that's why Carter created The Lone Gunmen and Millenium, to show that life could move on from The X-Files.
But, these shows couldn't sustain themselves. TV had changed. The viewers had changed. They wanted faster paced shows like CSI Miami and The Shield. They wanted more reality TV like American Idol and The Bachelor.
They could have had an absolutely amazing show, like Firefly, but FOX f'd it up. :)
But, we get one more amazing chance with Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and now confirmed, Mitch Pileggi (AD Walter Skinner).
Let's hope that they've come up with a great way to finally honor the show, the characters, and everyone involved with it. 


~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.

Episode:
Drive
Mulder: Crump? Crump, what else can you tell me about what's happening to you? 
Crump: Mr. Crump. You call me by my last name, you say "Mister" in front of it. 
Mulder: "Mister." I got you. 
Crump: Not Crump. Mr. Crump. 
Mulder: I can think of something else I'd like to call you. I could put "Mister" in front of that too if you'd like. 
Crump: You know, what kind of name is Mulder, anyway? What is that, like... like, Jewish? 
Mulder: Excuse me? 
Crump: Jewish... It is, right? 
Mulder: It's Mr. Mulder to you, you peanut-picking bastard. Now, Mr. Crump what can you tell me about what's happening to you?
 ~~X~~


Don't forget to sign-up for the Blood, Boobs & Carnage Blogfest!




Sign up below!

32 comments:

  1. X-file... happy dance! please... please get this one right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it needs a better ending than that last season and movie. Take clues from what Whedon did with Serenity to complete Firefly. And damn you Fox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! That's great advice!

      DAMN YOU, FOX! (Not Fox Mulder, just so we are clear)
      :)
      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  3. Had no idea--when's it coming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be filming 6 new episodes starting this summer and probably on air in 2016.

      YAY!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  4. It would be wonderful to have one more episode I agree.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed that you worked in a rant about Firefly. Well played ;)
    Katie @TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Right? I'm glad they can still have fun with it!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  7. I did not watch the X files. I don't watch any reality tv. It's not at all "real," and horribly acted. I'm into Netflix. Series, with good writing and colorful characters.
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so exciting! I do hope they do it well. FOX does have a history... but my fingers are crossed. And my toes. And legs and arms and eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am excited for this even though I haven't seen much of the TV show. I think it was the tweet. That was just so awesome and hopefully the new episodes rock too.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could really use a win against FOX, you know?

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  10. I wonder if audiences really WANT more reality shows, or have just got used to them - and therefore watch them - because they are cheaper for the networks to make. Perhaps if slower, more thoughtful shows were made, people would watch them - although maybe not to the same numbers.

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people enjoy watching other people's pain.
      Someone I know said they watched the show COPS to make them feel better about themselves.
      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  11. I bet the fandom is so excited about this. Even I'm getting excited with all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so looking forward to the new X-Files!

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watched the X-Files religiously and loved every minute of it! I remember going into college the next day and everyone was talking about it. It was great fun. I agree with the comment about Serenity too - thank goodness for Serenity because I loved Firefly. Now I watch Castle to get my Nathan fix ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything to get our Nathan fix!
      It's always nice meeting other fans!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  14. I am waiting for a lot of things at the moment! I did love the X-Files back in the day, but I was an impressionable teenager in those days. I wonder if I will see the series in a different light now? Hmm... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, although I find the episodes still hold up.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  15. If they stopped every reality show out there I would do a happy dance and throw a big party for everyone. I never watch them. I appreciate good writing and good acting, so can't wait to see the new episodes. And while we are talking about idiotic moves, how about A&E dropping Longmire because the audience was too old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a dumb idea that was!

      I do love me some Survivor though. Its about the only one.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  16. is this the same show from the 90s? yay Stormy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummmmm....yeah.

    Hi, Pam!
    Thank you!

    TY
    HMG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.