Monday, April 20, 2015

Q. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files and Special Blogfest Announcement!!!!


 
My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.




Q = Queequeg




 Due to Scully's family obsession with Moby Dick, she names the dog she adopts Queequeg.
 Yep. The same dog that ate its owner when they croaked in their apartment.
The dog isn't seen much until the episode when it goes on a case with Scully & Mulder and gets eaten by a very large alligator.
~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.

Episode:
Detour
 

 ~~X~~

***

Special Blogfest Announcement



Blood, Boobs, and Carnage Blogfest!
Hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh and Heather M. Gardner. 

Yes, Blood, Boobs, and Carnage!

Alex used that phrase last year to describe an upcoming movie release. It amused many people, including ME. (Okay, mostly me)  So, naturally we decided to make it a blogfest.

What falls into that category? Here’s a few examples – Conan the Barbarian, Breaking Bad, Fast and Furious, The Watchmen, etc.

Here’s the details, short and simple:

On May 18, 2015, post about a movie, television show, book, or all three that falls into the category of Blood, Boobs, and Carnage. (Or just Blood and Carnage or other mixture.) It can be any genre that fits the bill – fantasy, science fiction, action, adventure, western, thriller, etc. Post the badge and visit other participants.

Sign up below!

34 comments:

  1. Great post and a great blogfest to look forward to. Will sign later
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultimate sadness when the little dog became an a snack. Danna had seen so much pain and then this... Damn you Chris Carter... damn you!

    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that you still feel her pain....says it all!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  3. Bring on the Blood, Boobs, and Carnage!
    Poor Queequeg...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to sign up on this. Got an idea. (**Shock and Awe!!**)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I loved X-Files but had totally forgotten this dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raining sleeping bags...fantastic! Thanks Stormy :) After April's craziness, I don't think I'll be participating in the BB&C bloghop...but I may have to visit everyone to see what people post about...love the theme!!
    Katie @TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, the dog becomes a snack? I don't think I'd like that episode much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor dog!
    Aw, I've already got something scheduled on that day! I could always do two posts, I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alligators are scary creatures!! Poor puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll skip this one. I can people killing people, but when it comes to animals I can't take that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopped over from Alex's. I never watched much of the X Files, but now... I think I'm going to have to get it through Netflix. Anyone who names their dog Queeque is worth a looksee. Signed up for your blogfest too. Something came immediately to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dog gets eaten by an alligator? The blog hop is growing fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens when you run away from your owner!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  13. Queequeg is adorable yet deadly. Though, it made me sad that it got eaten by an alligator...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw! Poor puppy! I admit I don't remember these episodes, but love the x-files.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember this episode! Joining the B,B & C blogfest too!

    Tim

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, signed up to the BBC blogfest already and look fwd to it. I can remember some which/who ruined my life as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      That's wonderful!
      The signing up part. :)

      TY
      HMG

      Delete

Please leave a message after the beep.