Wednesday, April 22, 2015

S. #AtoZChallenge - The re-opening of The X-Files.


 
My 2015 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge theme is The re-opening of The X-Files. I'm not going to reiterate the known facts about the show, but share with you how it ruled my life for 9 seasons and beyond.




S = Scully, Dana














FBI recruiting, fact having, medical school finishing, pant-suit wearing, religious believing, tattoo getting, nonfat tofutti rice dreamsicle eating, dog adopting, cancer beating, Queen of Skepticism.
~~X~~


Special Agent Stormy the Weather Gnome here.
When you get bored of listening to her drivel about her favorite TV show, make sure you drop down to the bottom of the posts to see me. I'm sharing funny quotes from the show.

Episode:
The Unnatural
SCULLY: Mulder, it is such a gorgeous day outside. Have you ever entertained the idea of trying to find life on this planet?
MULDER: I have seen the life on this planet, Scully and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere. -- Did you bring enough ice cream to share with the rest of the class?
SCULLY: It's not ice cream. It's a nonfat tofutti rice dreamsicle.
MULDER: Ugh. Bet the air in my mouth tastes better than that. You sure know how to live it up, Scully.
SCULLY: Oh, you're Mr. Live-it-up. Mulder, you're really Mr. Squeeze-every-last-drop-out-of-this-sweet-life aren't you? On this precious Saturday you've got us grabbing life by the testes stealing reference books from the FBI library in order to go through New Mexico newspaper obituaries for the years 1940 to 1949 and for what joyful purpose?
MULDER: Looking for anomalies, Scully. Do you know how many so-called "flying disc" reports there were in New Mexico in the 1940s?
SCULLY: I don't care. Mulder, this is a needle in a haystack. These poor souls have been dead for 50 years. Let them rest in peace. Let sleeping dogs lie.
MULDER: No, I won't sit idly by as you hurl cliches at me. Preparation is the father of inspiration.
SCULLY: Necessity is the mother of invention.
MULDER: The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
SCULLY: Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die.
MULDER: I scream, you scream, we all scream for nonfat tofutti rice dreamsicles. (MULDER grabs her arm and takes a bite of the dreamsicle.)
SCULLY: No! Mulder! 
 
 ~~X~~

25 comments:

  1. Scully was an excellent character, wonderfully prtrayed..
    Enjoyed the post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story. The network wanted a big busted blonde to go with Mulder's character. So glad Mr. Carter changed their minds.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  2. hahahahaha! enjoyed the dialogue. Haven't seen X-files. Sounds like fun :)
    My A-Z posts: http://sundarivenkatraman.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knock, Knock... who's there... my crush on Scully, smart, learned to love aliens and hot to boot. I know, silly right.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is glorious hell did you get a blowup alien??? If my husband ever got one of those, he could literally scare me to death with that thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my son got it at carnival a few years ago.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  5. Non-fat rice tofu dreamsicle?? Love her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They had such great banter.
    Gillian Anderson is even hotter now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved her expression when she was showing her FBI badge to the cop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't make me take out my gun.
      I think that was the look!

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  8. War of the cliched statements. I've seen so many different versions of FBI badges on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have a crush on Gillian Anderson I think....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, you're starting to make me seriously think Netflix. I'm guessing they have all nine seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha. Great banter between them. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was always funny or filled with really big words.
      I loved it both ways.

      TY
      HMG

      Delete
  12. I was a fan of the show, but not quite to this extent. ☺ Thanks for the great nostalgia kick! I read there are plans to revive the series. That would be interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.