Thursday, April 14, 2011

L is for Laughter - A to Z Challenge

Had trouble with the letter L.

I wanted to write something to share but the well was dry.

So, I decided to share some jokes because today is International Moment of Laughter Day!


A man heard a faint knock on his front door, opened it, and saw a snail on his porch. "What the heck is this?" he said, and bent down, picked up the snail, examined it, and threw it across the street.
Two months later, the man heard another faint knock on the front door. He opened it, saw nothing, then looked down. The snail on the porch said, "Hey! What was that all about?"

An old couple is sitting in church one morning, listening to a sermon, when the wife whispers, "I just let out a silent fart. What should I do?"
Her husband whispers back, "Well, for starters, you can put a new battery in your hearing aid."

Two pieces of string walk into a bar and the bartender looks at them suspiciously. He says "Sorry, boys, we don't serve your kind here." So the pieces of string walk out again.

They're sitting in the gutter outside and feeling really thirsty when one piece of string says "Hey! I've got an idea to get me into the bar."

So he starts twisting and turning, wriggling this way and that, pulling out a few threads here and there. His mate's looking at him and thinks he's gone completely nuts.

Then the piece of string walks back into the bar. The bartender looks at him a little suspiciously again and says "Here, you're not a bit of string, are you?"

The piece of string replies "No, I'm a frayed knot

I remembered this joke during the night and started laughing so I had to add it this morning. Bad jokes all of them.

Don't miss tomorrow's entry for Wendy Tyler Ryan's Blogaversary Blogfest for the Letter M!

14 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Ha.... started off my day with your subject exactly... laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Second joke was priceless.
    cheers,
    mood

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, loved the second joke! I'm from the A-Z challenge and a new follower.
    Ciara Knight
    www.ciaraknight.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - you put my favorite joke in!!! Love you!!!!

    LOL!
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, I think you did great with today's post! I needed a good laugh, and I love jokes!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The battery needing hearing aid make me chuckle out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haaa Ha ha ha haaahaha!
    Great jokes! Thanks.
    Happy L Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I'm glad I made you laugh. Glad I kept it clean too! I was going to put some dirty jokes but opted out.

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the old people in church joke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha...funny stuff. I love corny jokes. I'll have to share these with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is a Versatile Blogger Award for you!
    Come and get it =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first joke is my favorite. Poor little beggar, took him that long to make it back!

    Can't wait to read your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't go wrong with a good fart joke!

    Tara - Thank you so much! I'll be over to check it out!

    Wendy - See you on M day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.