Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sentimental

Feeling pretty weird today. A little sad, a little frustrated. Feeling some anxiety, some stress.

I feel like I'm doing all this stuff, all this blogging, all this writing and I'm still exactly where I have always been...absolutely fucking nowhere. 

I'm sure you guys get tired of hearing me bitch and moan but technically that is what this blog was created for.

I wanted to spare my family from having to hear me complain so they didn't lynch me.

I'm sentimental because I wanted to post an excerpt of my book for one of the letters during the challenge and while going back through my book to find just the right part I was, of course, reading.

I shouldn't be like this but I LOVE my story. It ain't perfect, I get that, but I still love it.

Well, to be honest, I was going to rant and bitch some more but I just don't have my heart in it today.


Instead I will tell you that I received a blog award from Tara Tyler at Tara Tyler Talks! She has handed out the Versatile Blogger Award to myself and 14 other very cool blogs!
If you want to read the 'oh so exciting 7 facts about me' feel free to click here!


So, thank you for the award, Tara. It's appreciated.



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations with the award! There is nothing wrong with loving your story. Just don't get dejected. Hang in there Heather. Keep querying, someone is bound to see your fantastic potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award. You better love your story or why tell it. That's what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It's okay to bitch and complain. It's a healthy part of life believe it or not. Hang in there. It's just a matter of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve it! And I am also in a holding pattern (nicer way to say?) for April. This challenge (and the poem one) is taking up all my time. But it's worth it, right? Meeting new people, gaining followers and advice? Buck up, buckie! Make May your kick-ass writing month =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some fun facts. Hope you get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all of you for the nice words. Just having a bad day.
    I want things to go well so badly and sometimes I just don't know if the path I am on is going to get me there.
    Just have to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the Award, and as for your story, you carry on loving it. And one day, we all might get to read it and love it too. Keep smiling, ranting and keeping us amused. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great when you go back to something you've written and end up loving it. You're supposed to love your story! I have a hard time with that too but I'm trying to get better about it.

    Hang in there...you're definitely not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pauline - Thank you. I hope so!

    M.J. - Appreciate it. This is such a great community, always trying to keep each others spirits up!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.